Shawnee Area Jobs During COVID-19
We’re all in this together Shawnee! We will make it through this.
COVID-19 has created a large disturbance in our local economy and unfortunately many may have found themselves unemployed or furloughed during this tough time. Luckily, there are many Shawnee-area companies and Shawnee chamber members who are hiring and are looking for team members NOW! If you’ve become suddenly unemployed, we first encourage you to apply for unemployment benefits via the Kansas Department of Labor and then to explore the available job opportunities below.
Click each company name to see more detailed information about their job openings!
Work with a Shawnee commercial contractor to provide clean up services alongside carpenters and superintendent. Duties will include daily clean up, assisting in moving around materials and equipment. All work is in the Kansas City metro area; most is in Johnson County. These temporary positions are in response to the workers that have been adversely affected by the COVID-19 virus.
- Rate of pay $13 – $15 per hour depending on experience
- 20-40 hrs a week
- Employment status- 1099 Contractor
- Mileage reimbursement is provided for individuals who use their car for company-related activities
Call the office for more information: 913-745-4727
COSENTINO’S FOOD STORES
Cosentino’s Food Stores is hiring for a variety of positions. Apply at www.cosentinosjobs.com or consider attending one of their hiring events. A note from the Cosentino’s team:
To ensure we adhere to the recommendations by the CDC as well as State and Local agencies to ensure the safety and welfare of both our employees and applicants, we are limiting how many individuals can report at one time for these events. We ask that you do the following before attending any one of these events:
- complete an online application through cosentinos.com
- Register for an appointment for the event location your wish to attend on Indeed.
3.26.2020 Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center 18011 Bass Pro Dr. Independence, MO 64055
3.28.2020 Hotel Indigo at the Crossroads 2020 Grand Blvd. Kansas City, MO 64108
3.31.2020 Holiday Inn Suites KCI 11728 NW Ambassador Dr. Kansas City, MO 64153
4.2.2020 Hampton Inn 7400 W. Frontage Rd. Merriam, KS 66203
FedEx is hiring many new team members and hiring quickly! Specifically, they are hiring package handlers starting up to $16.50/hr. Apply at www.groundwarehousejobs.fedex.com
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Full-time opportunities
- Weekly pay/direct deposit
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to load, unload and sort
packages, as well as perform other related
8000 Cole Parkway
Shawnee, KS 66227
FIRST BUSINESS BANK
First Business Bank has open positions in both their Kansas City area offices and in other locations around the country. Apply at www.firstbusiness.com/careers
Specific Positions open:
- Commercial Loan Processor – Madison, Full-Time
- Dealer Account Representative – Floorplan Finance, Indianapolis, Full-Time
- Compliance Specialist – Full-Time
- Wealth Advisor – FBTI, NE, Full-Time
- Wealth Advisor – FBTI, Kansas City, Full-Time
- Wealth Advisor – FBTI, Madison, Full-Time
- Trust Advisor – FBTI, Madison, Full-Time
- Treasury Management Sales– FBB, Kansas City, Full-Time
HAMMER DOWN EXPRESS
Hammer Down Express Inc, a FedEx Ground contractor, is looking for Team Driver(s) or Solo Driver(s) willing to Team drive on 100 % No Touch, Terminal to Terminal, Drop & Hook runs. Only drive to FedEx Ground Terminals! No customer drops! Great runs! 4500 to 6000 +/- Miles Per Week! Leaves Lenexa, KS terminal.
- VERY Competitive Pay! Up to $0.65/mile + Benefits for Experienced Drivers!
- Rewards Program for Vacation $$, Extra $$!
- Health Insurance!
- 401k Retirement with Generous Matching!
- Detention/Layover Pay Available with PAID Hotel Stays!
- Many Bonuses Available (Safety, Compliance, etc.)!
- Raises for Company Loyalty!
- Paid Holidays!
- Flexible Time Off!
Applicant must have:
- Have a Class A Commercial Driver’s License with Doubles endorsement – We’ll train you for doubles if needed. It’s Simple & Easy.
- Must provide a valid work history for the past 10 years.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Must have at least 1 year of verifiable tractor-trailer experience in the past 3 years, or 5 years in the last 10.
- Must be able to pass a D.O.T. physical, pre-employment background, drug screen and CDL road test.
- No revoked or suspended license, DUI, DWI or reckless driving violations.
- Clean MVR, no more than 2 moving violations in last 36 months & no more than 1 violation in the last 12 months.
Apply at Drive4HDE.com
On-going training to keep up with industry regulations & standards
Hermes Landscaping is looking for skilled labor that can work on a landscape crew in a fulltime position. The positions offer a signing bonus. Call the offices and ask for Mary or Vanessa to learn more details: 913-888-2400
SILVERHEEL STREET WALMART
The following are the primary positions are currently open with more details:
Stocking/Unloading (Cap 1: 5am-2pm and Cap 2: 2pm-11pm). We can also do variations of these shifts or shortened versions if need be. Such as a 9am-2pm or 2pm-6pm. We’re trying to be as flexible as possible as we help to support the community.
Fresh Cap 1: 4-1pm or 5-2pm – Stocking in produce, meat, bakery
Maintenance: Evenings/Weekends and overnight shift
Cashiers: a variety of shifts available across the day/evenings and on weekends.
All positions base pay is $11, but some areas offer an additional hourly differential. Such as overnight maintenance base pay adds a $1, and then becomes $12/hrs
Apply online at Walmart.com/careers. Reference store #4611
Store phone #: 913-535-5120
People lead Salena: 785-521-3341. Texting also available at this number if any questions!!
WALMART NEIGHBORHOOD MARKET
Temporary and permanent associate positions available. Starting at $11 an hour and up to 40 hours a week. Apply at www.walmartcareers.com or text JOBS to 240240.