A strong business organization since 1946,
4-Star Accreditation in 2008
Established in 1946, the Shawnee Chamber of Commerce is a membership
organization that works to preserve the best possible business climate
and quality of life for Shawnee. There are nearly 700 business members
in this organization continuing to grow, thanks – in part – to
a strong community commitment of making Shawnee succeed.
The Shawnee Chamber Corporation (501C6) is comprised of three divisions:
the Shawnee Chamber of Commerce, the Shawnee Economic Development
Council, and the Shawnee Convention and Visitor's Bureau. These organizations
have different missions, but they are united in one overall effort:
to make Shawnee a great place to do business, whether you are a visitor,
a company, or a resident. All divisions are located at the Shawnee
Chamber of Commerce headquarters on the southwest corner of Shawnee
Mission Parkway and Lackman Road. The Chamber offices are on the
second floor of the Metcalf Bank Building, 15100 West 67th Street, Suite 202, Shawnee, KS 66217-9344.
Focus Areas 2012-2014
- Economic Development - Promote job creation, business expansion and real estate development in Shawnee.
- Member Value - To provide value to members through relevant, innovative programs and services.
- Community - To promote effective coalitions and programs that support community and regional objectives.
- Tourism - To provide the leadership and implement the marketing that attract visitors and events to Shawnee.
- Governmental Affairs -Advocate for public policies and positions which promote the interests of Shawnee businesses and drives economic prosperity.
- Chamber Operations -Leverage technology and professional development to enhance operations and maintain standards of excellence.